Coronavirus Office Procedure Changes – March 17th 2020
Reading Pediatrics is committed to the safety and health of our patients and staff. Towards that end and in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented some changes in our office procedures effective March 17, 2020.
1. There will be no walk-in sick hour, please call ahead for ALL appointments. All well visits will be scheduled in the morning and all sick appointments will be scheduled in the afternoon.
2. We are requesting that patients wait in the car until we are ready to take you into the exam room. If you are scheduled for ANY appointment, please call the office upon arrival and you will be notified by a staff member when to come in to be seen.
3. We request that, whenever possible, only the patient and one guardian attend the appointment.
4. Our entire team maintains and adheres to strict hand hygiene and sterilization protocols. Common areas in the office are continually
wiped down by medical grade disinfectant.
5. You may certainly reschedule your upcoming well-visit for a later time. We encourage all patients, particularly infants through 18 months who need continued monitoring as well as scheduled vaccinations, to keep their routine appointments. That said, if you suspect that you or another family member has been exposed, please reschedule.
6. Please call our office with any questions or concerns. Many patients who are ill do not necessarily need to be seen in the office and we can recommend supportive care at home. All patients who are screened and suspected for COVID-19 will be referred as indicated by DPH.
Again, we are committed to treating our patients and maintaining a safe environment. Thank you for your patience and continued support during this time.