Reading Pediatrics is committed to the safety and health of our patients and staff. Towards that end and in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented some changes in our office procedures effective March 17, 2020. These procedures will be updated often as we receive new information.
1. There will be no walk-in sick hour, please call ahead for ALL appointments.
2. We are offering check ups throughout the day and sick appointments in the later afternoon. Once a doctor comes in contact with a sick patient, he will not be seeing well visits for the remainder of the day.
3. We are always available for telehealth visits throughout the day for both follow up appointments and if possible some sick appointments. We are using Updox Telehealth as our HIPAA compliant platform of choice. We also encourage patients to communicate with us through the web portal.
4. We are requesting that patients wait in their car until we are ready to take you into the exam room. If you are scheduled for ANY appointment, please call the office upon arrival and you will be notified by a staff member when to come in to be seen.
5. We request that, whenever possible, only the patient and one guardian attend the appointment.
6. We are requiring that all patients over the age of 2 and all of our staff wear a mask at all times.
7. Our entire team maintains and adheres to strict hand hygiene and sterilization protocols. Common areas in the office are continually wiped down by medical grade disinfectant.
8. All patients are asked a series of COVID screening questions prior to their appointment.
You may be asked:
*You may be asked to reschedule your appointment as per governor’s order self quarantining for 2 weeks is required for some out of state travel.
We encourage all patients to keep their routine appointments and as well as scheduled vaccinations. Because of a modified schedule these appointments are booking rather quickly so please plan accordingly. That said, if you suspect that you or another family member has been exposed, please reschedule.
Please call our office with any questions or concerns. Many patients who are ill do not necessarily need to be seen in the office and we can recommend supportive care at home or schedule an appointment through telehealth. All patients who are screened and suspected for COVID-19 will be referred as indicated by DPH.
Please refer to the CDC website below in regards to recommendations including social distancing and staying home.
Again, we are committed to treating our patients and maintaining a safe environment. Thank you for your patience and continued support during this time.